Safety Supplies for Western North Carolina Welders
James Oxygen & Supply is dedicated to safety
When you’ve been in business for as long as we have, you get a good understanding of what your customers need.
At James Oxygen & Supply, we see our welding clients not just as customers, but as neighbors. That’s why our top priority is making sure that you have the safety equipment and information you need.
There are many potential dangers on the job when you’re a welder, whether it’s electric shock, fumes and gases, or fire and explosions. But with the right welding safety equipment, you can minimize the risks.
Here is some of what James Oxygen & Supply offers to keep you and your workers safe:
- Safety glasses and shields
- Welding helmets
- Welding jackets
- Filter plates
- Welding gloves
Stay informed on safety
All the welding safety equipment you can get at James Oxygen & Supply is great, but you need to know and follow best practices when it comes to welding safely.
- Keep all combustibles a safe distance away from where welding is being done.
- Read the operating manuals and be sure you know how to use your welding equipment.
- Wear flame-resistant clothing and make sure no skin is uncovered while you’re welding.
- Don’t forget to protect your feet: Wear leather high-top boots or shoes, and make sure your pants go over the tops of your boots.
- Check that the area where you’re welding has adequate ventilation.
- Have fire extinguishers handy so they can be used right away if needed.
- When you’ve finished your welding job, take time to turn off all the equipment, store it properly, dispose of any waste, such as scraps or electrode butts, and check twice to ensure that all gas valves are closed.
Play it safe and trust the experts at James Oxygen & Supply with all you need to reduce welding safety hazards at your western North Carolina business. Contact us and we’ll work with you!